How to Lock Apps on iPhone (iOS16). Do you also want to lock apps in your iPhone on iOS 16, then you have just come to the right place. Because this article will show you how to lock apps on iPhone (iOS 16). We all set biometric passwords on our phones to secure our phones. But what if they were bypassed by someone, then they could have access to our private photos and chats. So in order to add another layer of protection we would need to lock our apps so that even if someone bypassed our lock screen. They should not be able to access our private photos and chats.
How to Lock Apps on iPhone (iOS16)
Table of Contents
In this guide, we have shown you two ways to lock apps. One with a passcode and the other with Touch ID and Face ID. So you could use any of it as both of them are mentioned below.
Lock Apps on iPhone with Passcode
To lock apps on iPhone with passcode follow the steps given below.
- First, open your phone’s Settings and find Screen Time and click to enable it. And follow the on-screen instruction to enable Screen time.
- Then click on Use Screen time passcode, and enter any digits of the number to set a passcode. And this passcode should be different from the one you lock on your iPhone.
- Then go to App limits and click Add limits. Then enter your Screen time passcode to access the page.
- So to lock all the apps in your iPhone with Screen time passcode. Select All apps & Categories, to lock an specific app scroll down to reveal the search bar and search for the app.
- Once you choose the apps then click on Next.
- Then Set 1 minute for the app limit. Make sure that Block at End is enabled.
- Then click Add to save the changes.
Lock Apps on iPhone with Face ID and Touch ID
Beside setting passcode to access the apps, you could lock the apps with Face ID and Touch ID. This is also an alternative of locking apps and is also a good method.
So before locking apps with Touch ID or Face ID you have to setup first. So if you have an iPhone with Touch ID then remember that the procedure of setting up is also same. Once you have setup it then you can use Face ID or Touch ID to lock your apps on your iPhone.
But we have to point this out that not all the apps on your iPhone will be locked with Face ID or Touch ID. But some of the popular apps like WhatsApp and Messenger will let you lock it with Face ID or Touch ID.
Lock apps on iPhone with Guided Access
Locking apps with Guided access is different from locking apps. Because with Guided access all the apps would be locked except for the one opened on your screen. This would be very helpful if someone asked to use your phone for any specific app. Then you could just enable the Guided access on your phone then the person would only have the access of the app opened on the screen. And all the other apps would be locked with passcode or Face ID or Touch ID.
- First, open the Settings app and Click on Accessibility>Guided Access. Turn on Guided Access.
- Click on passcode settings>set guided access passcode. Then enter a six-digit number, and this passcode should be different from the one you use to lock your iPhone. It should also be different from the Screen Time passcode.
- Similarly you can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID to lock the app.
In this article, we showed you how to lock apps on iPhone (iOS 16). I hope you got what you were looking for. And I also hope you will not face any kind of problem while trying it. But still if you had any kind of questions or suggestions then do tell us in the comment section. We would love to reach out to you.